Sorry!!
I can't claim the excuse that I was too tired - there were plenty of times when I was awake enough to type. The problem is that I wasn't awake enough to think of anything to say. ;)
So we had an absolutely wonderful convention at Ronan. Wednesday morning, at breakfast, I was really feeling: I want to quit work and go to convention! Everyone else gets to take off and go to convention and I want to go too! So it was a really good thing that Wednesday evening was when we all got to 'pack up' (more or less, heh; still plenty to do) and go to convention.
It rained solid, starting Thursday morning and not quitting until Sunday afternoon (figures, eh?) BUT amazingly enough, it stopped raining Sun afternoon, and didn't start again until Monday evening - which was enough time to dry out and take down the ladies' sleeping tent, and the sidewalls of the mtg barn.
Also, it was absolutely freezing cold. However, as one lady said in her testimony, we're cold on the outside, but warm inside.
And another really good week down at Cody - it was WARM, thankfully. And the amazing thing there was that the wind stopped blowing Wednesday, and didn't start again until Monday. ;) Of course, I like the wind, so it doesn't bother me in the slightest that it blows; but everyone else was happy about it. I spent a lot of time sleeping, I confess.
And now we're at Manhattan, and it promises to be hot all week. I'm scrambling for warm-weather clothes, as most of mine got inadvertently left in Missoula. Wool skirts are wonderful for Ronan weather, but not so great for Manhattan-in-the-high-90s weather.
And speaking of Manhattan.... dumdumdum... we got the list last night, and I will be in Helena. :D That's almost (but not /quite/ by a teenytiny hair) as good as Wyoming. ;) But then, it would be awfully hard to find anywhere as good as Wyoming. Not that I'm biased or anything!
Righty ho - it's nearly supper time, so this will be all. Until I remember, have time, and a brain all at once, and can write another post.
8 comments:
About that wind...we heard at Dagmar that in Acts, the Holy Spirit is explained as wind. This worker said, "There isn't a day where the wind doesn't blow somewhere." I LOVE that! Now every time I feel the wind, I think about what we heard at convention. It's a small reminder of where our journey is taking us! :)
PS -- It's great to FINALLLY have an update from you!! ;)
I know, I know, I'm so slow!
That's a nice thought. :) Now I'll have a good reason to tell everyone why I love the wind.
Good to hear...have been thinking of your these days!!
Didn't know you had a blog, fun to catch up on you!
Heidi
Hey you - good to hear from you. :) Good to see you at Cody, too. I LOVE some of the photos in your slideshow!! Gorgeous.
Wow! I am impressed that you've finally admitted that somewhere in Montana is almost as good as Wyoming! Wonderful! Oh, and I like Jen's thought about wind too. I think I might have to remember that too when I'm out on a walk in the great Wyoming Wind!
Leilani, How nice of you to update!! It is always good to get glimpses of conventions that we aren't at. We had a really great chugwater and I enjoyed Eliz II with Tom, Stacie and two munchins. Thanks for enjoying our fine state of WY. You are welcome here any time!!! Have a great year. Linda L
Post a Comment