Well, I had a first last week... I led the singing AND spoke. You may pooh-pooh this, saying, "Oh that's nothing, Leilani, you wimp!" But wait! There's more!
This was at special meeting. With a wireless microphone. At Cheyenne. And lest this mean little or nothing to you, 'at Cheyenne' should bring to your mind an image of the stage from which you speak... which is at least 200 or more (I stink at mental measurement) feet long. So not only am I sitting in the front row, off the stage, in approximately the middle, singing my little lungs out; but I have to drop the mike, charge across the stage, remember what I had to say, then race back and snatch up the mike while John was patiently hovering waiting to announce the next hymn.
Pantpantpant.
8 comments:
Well, I was there and I think that you did a spectacular job!! You were quite graceful about it, too. I never even noticed your speed-walking across the stage nor did I pick up on any panting into the mic. You did just fine!!! :o)
I wasn't there...but yay for another milestone passed! Sounds like with flying colors! So glad for our workers, we are!!
Loved getting a little glimpse of Cheyenne special meeting. We missed being there but couldn't miss it too much because we were at Billings.
Oh man, Leilani, I totally understand what you are talking about, and it's a feat worthy a metal -- especially the part about remembering what you were going to speak about! Way to go! Love, a fellow leading-the-singing-while-preaching sister worker.
Way to go, Leilani, you did just fine. The singing was great and I appreciated your message. I also enjoyed having you and Cheryl spend a night with us. Come again sometime. We thoroughly enjoyed Kimball Sp. Meeting tonight and look forward to Mitchell, NE on Sunday. Good day to you, Linda
L - I am impressed and in awe. I was asked to lead the singing at our union meeting that is full of very good singers. I hesitated, suggested each other individual and came to the end of the list to find they had all gracefully said no. The good part is...when I don't know how to start a hymn I have plenty who do know how and are more than willing to! I am humbled every week though and reminded of those I rely on every meeting and try to be more supportive and jump right in with hearty singing! So - even though I wasn't there; Thank You! :) and Hugs
Heehee! I love it! Lots of stages these rounds, eh? You had another in Sheridan...
This story made me laugh. I'm sure your heroics were greatly appreciated. :-) Mel
Post a Comment