Friday, January 29, 2010

Ok, so I thought I should actually post something here. I do now and then, believe it or not.

Laurel and I both went to Oregon for special mtgs this year. They are about 10 days after ours end here in MT/WY. We stayed to see Tammy Carr off in Billings, and then went up to Kalispell, where I got on the train and rode out to Washington to surprise Mom and Dad for their 40th anniversary. (The actual date of the anniversary was a few weeks earlier, but it was still in the same month! It counts!) Scott picked me up so the 'rents wouldn't know I was coming, and I snuck into the house. We took all precautions, including only shutting one car door, and tiptoeing up the walkway. I didn't use the ramp, but crept along on the grass below. Dad was at the kitchen sink, but thankfully the curtain was closed so he couldn't see out! They were properly surprised.

I had a very fun week at home. Some of Dad's family was out for lunch on Christmas Day, which was a really nice unexpected pleasure for me! And I learned to play Cribbage! (Don't tell me this is an old person's game, ok?) Mark came down to spend a few days also, and we went rock hunting. I found a really nice rock - small enough to almost close my fist around, but a nice orangish-brown carnelion with both dendrites and something-else's inside. The something-else's look like tan seaweed fans. That's not a very good description either. Hmmm. Maybe better would be a very tiny tumbleweed, flattened out. Anyways, take my word for it that it is Cool.

Then off to Oregon. They only have 2 weeks of specials, which seemed oddly short to me (we have about 4 weeks out here), but after having 4 weeks here and then 2 weeks there, I was more than ready to come back to Wyoming! I had a very nice time, special in many more ways than can be easily stated. One thought that's been on my mind is w**** (Editing in to say - I have no idea what happened here. I'm sure I had some thought other than alphabets and symbols to say, but... well, it's lost and gone forever now, alas.)

Then I had a week with my kidz. :D Oh yeah, and their parents. ;) It was a great time; very relaxing. Not much sleep, precisely, but who needs sleep? (and it doesn't sound like I'll be getting any anytime soon, either!) Our field has expanded to include Casper, so we are looking into having mtgs Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. The exact places which will fit into each time frame are still up in the air a bit, and any meeting is liable to cancellation with no notice, depending on the roads and the weather, but we're going to try!

I feel a bit like a kid let loose in a candy store, here in Casper with their lovely library! Lovely LARGE library! Absolutely crammed full of Books!! I think I went a little overboard, but... I really tried to restrain myself. Honest, I did! And I can always renew them, right?

I think that brings things up to date. Laurel and I are here in Casper for the weekend, and then I think we're heading over to Torrington. After that, who knows?

3 comments:

Della S said...

Thanks for the recipe on the Bloggin' Sisters blog. I just printed it out and so will try to make it sometime. And thanks for posting a post here - it is nice to "catch up" with you a bit.

Della S said...

I made the recipe tonight. And it was as good as ever even though it was made in a cast iron skillet.

Darla said...

I am glad you counted the kidz' parents too!! glad to have you here...