Friday, April 16, 2010

So I have a question. Can you dream an entire training regimen??
I had forgotten this, but a comment yesterday brought it back to my mind - and I'm sure it must have been a dream, because I do NOT like jogging, and despite the incredible real-feeling-ness of the memory, I can't believe I would have ever willingly started jogging; much less have done it enough to 'remember' getting better over time. Also, there's no timeframe in my life in which this would have fit....
So it had to have been a dream.
What it was, was a dream of running around a track. And doing this enough to get better. I remember the feeling of being able to go farther than I had before. Also I dreamed of being in a race, and doing rather well at it. I even *shudder* was enjoying myself!
Help! Wake me up, quick! Why couldn't I have dreamed about being a jockey or something, I ask you?

1 comment:

Darla said...

I sometimes dream I am leading a boot camp class, complete with perfect form push-ups, tire jumps without tripping, and mile long runs with a smile only to awake and realize I AM leading a boot camp class. But in this class, we do "girlie" pushups because we can't seem to find the strength to lower ourselves very far let alone push back up, we don't set out tires to jump and we still trip, and running? Well, a simple jog around the gym a few times gets our hearts a'racing. I wonder what the class would do if I took us out to the track to run a mile? Hmmm...