Thursday, September 8, 2011

Yes.... Yes, I am still alive, though I dare say some of you begin to wonder.  I had a lovely time in Washington.  After conventions, I had some time with my folks who have bought a new house recently.  We went through boxes, recovered chairs, hung up pictures... and went to the beach and kayaking!

I saw someone kite-surfing for the first time.  It looked like fun - and like a lot of very extremely hard work.  I think it would be harder than surfing from what I could tell watching, because it seems like not only do you have to keep your balance on the waves which are coming ashore, but you also have to keep your balance against the wind, which was blowing at an angle along the beach and would snatch the kite away - and you with it.  The man we watched fell once, but then he got up again and zig-zagged down the shoreline.  The kite they use is enormous - and doesn't have any solid structural parts at all!  Even the ribs are only hollow tubes that they fill with air until they are rigid.  Hook said kite to your harness (being sure to put on your wet suit first), hop onto snowboard looking deal, grab handle and away you go.

Truthfulness in politics?  An oxymoron, likely.  http://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-perry-romney-twist-records-debate-021556685.html


No comments: