Would anyone care to tell me what having a utility bill has to do with getting a driver's license? I'm a bit peeved with my favorite state in the Union. Apparently, a social security card and a previous driver's license are no longer enough to prove that you're a citizen; you now have to bring proof in the form bills, rental agreements, pay stubs or... a hunting or fishing license.
What about people in this uncertain economy who have moved home to live with their parents as adults and aren't paying rent? Who have been laid off from their jobs?
What about people who have lost their homes and are living out of cars?
You can't be a citizen unless you're rich?
1 comment:
Very interesting. I can certainly sympathize with you. I eventually had to open my own bank account (while I was in the Work), just so I could purchase money orders (the rules all changed after 9/11).
Post a Comment