We're listening to a tape about the Mann Gulch Fire in 1949. I find it rather ironic that back then such great expense and effort was gone to to put out /any/ fire, whether it was near habitation or not; while now people are thinking that letting the fires burn some would be better and cut down on worse fires in the future. Now we are in the future that, possibly, if back then some fires had been let to burn, we might be better off.
I'm not sure that preceding sentence actually made any sense outside of my brain.
We snuck over the border into Idaho last week, and had a bit of a party with our neighbors! Jenith made curry, and, oh, was it ever good. MMmmmmmmmMM. I'm getting hungry again just thinking about it.
Oh, and the larch/tamarack mystery has been solved. Tamaracks are also known as Western Larch... I'm sure you're all relieved to hear this.
Beyond that? The main breaking news is just that. My laptop is broked. :( I have taken it carefully to the doctor and left it there for a (hopefully!) brief hospital stay. Having not heard anything yet, I am unsure if my hope is going to be fulfilled or not. Alas. A laptopless life is a hard one.
1 comment:
hope that it didn't require a long hospital stay...poor thing ;) glad you also let us know what teh difference between a larch and tamarack is, i've lost sleep since you're first post on it...j/k take care and see you in a couple!
Post a Comment