Book Number 4. (I fear I am grossly ignoring the part of this that requested they be books that are important to you... these are just ones I liked. :) Although... you /could/ say this one was important! And it's all Dorlene's fault that I read it in the first place.
Eat Cake by Jeanne Ray.
It's a crack up. I mean, any book that starts by telling you the main character (middle aged lady) was at a seminar where they told them to relax by imagining some place comforting and safe - and who imagines being inside a bundt cake, has /got/ to be good, right? Well, it was. :) AND the best part is that there are recipes in the back. :D Which was a very good thing because by the time I'd read it just part way through, I wanted to Eat Cake in the worst way possible. Imagine how tormented I would be if no cake (or cake recipe) had been available??
And even better? They're good recipes. I highly recommend the Upside Down Pear GingerBread Cake. Highly. It's almost better than chocolate. I made it at least 4 times in the next month and a half. (There is the important to me part.)
4 comments:
Hello Leilani!
I've just read through your blog and have loved every post....feels like those letters I used to get from you! ahem! ;)
Wonder if you got my letter which was sent after I got your letter?!
~Michelle Pearson~
MICHELLE!
Yes, I did. I'm even writing back. Honest. I'm just slow (glacially) about these things...
Yay! I won't hold my breath...and believe you me, I'm not much better! I *make* cards, I don't necessarily *write* in them!
ttys!
Leilani. Once you get through all of your books (Hmmm...I can't even remember how many you were supposed to write about! Five?), I think that you should give us an update on how your new laptop is working!! Do you love it? Hate it? What do you like better about it than a Dell (or something comparable)? What do you miss from your other laptop? I've been curious and you haven't mentioned it for quite some time now, so I'm assuming that all is well. I'd love to HEAR, though! :)
Post a Comment