Saturday, March 29, 2008

Snapshots

I've never heard wild turkeys gobbling in the dawn before.  It's a very strange sound.  I think I would be able to appreciate it much more if it wasn't so early.

The old proverb - March comes in like a lion, out like a lamb - is wrong.  March, this year, came in like a lion and is leaving like one too.  We got probably 6 inches of snow total over 3 days this week out at the grounds.

Macaroni and cheese is a hazardous food.  Eat at your own risk.

Keep an eye out for the new 'DDT' chemical.  I cracked, with my own hands, more than five dozen eggs this week, and I do not ever remember in my entire lifetime's worth of egg-cracking, finding ones that crack so easily and badly - landing more eggshells in my pan than ever before.  It was impossible to break one neatly down the center - every single one splintered up and caved in.  Grr.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

um, just why is Mac and cheese hazardous? I think we need to hear this story! I read a book recently that called it macaroni au gratin! It was one old book. Love mom

Michelle Pearson said...

I second this....what's wrong with mac & cheese?!

Leilani said...

Well, nothing as far as I'm aware!
But there it was, right on the top of the recipe card:
Macaroni and Cheese (Potentially Hazardous Food)

I read the recipe three times to see what possibly could be hazardous in it - and then I asked Dorlene. She thinks it's because it has milk products in it.

I roll my eyes. But politely, in case any govt. official is looking. After all, they have feelings too!

Anonymous said...

Maybe its because its so good that it makes you want to eat way too much of it? Mom

andy and michelle said...

HI... Dustin's here, and we're discussing blogs, so I'm blog-hopping tonight. Such fun. I'm chuckling away at the mac and cheese thing. I believe it's because of fat and calorie overload, like your mom says. That's pretty hazardous, don't'ya think? :) 'Course that just makes it taste better.