Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Let's you and me go and ...

My new favorite words.  :)  

That was how much of Jonathan's conversations began this week.  
Aunty Leilani, let's you and me go - 
be excavators
hunt mean gophers
play in the pool
swing 
skate across the ice 
catch sharks
dig up this hole

Yesterday, he wanted me to go away  - just for the night, so he could have his bed back.  So he was trying to figure out how I could leave before bed, and when he ate breakfast, I would be back.  
Today, I said, "Hey, Jonathan, you get your bed back tonight!"  
He says, "No.  I want you to sleep here more nights."
"I wish that I could, but I have to leave."
"I am going to lock all the doors so that you can't get out."

Big 'awwww' in chorus.

I was such a good girl this week!  I went to the cycling class Darla teaches /both/ Wednesday mornings.  :)  Yay!  Exercise!  Go me!
We also painted Darla's kitchen yellow.  It looks really nice.  :)

In Billings now, Spokane tomorrow and Olympia Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just love the innocence and honesty of a child, that is what happens to us with yieldedness. As always, it is great to hear from you again.