Successfully survived marauding dogs and several days of torrential downpour.
I am rather impressed by mother's uncanny ability to choose one of the only spots that remained puddle-free after a very Pacific NW day and night and day and night of continual rainage.

The nest is between the rocks. I put them there in hopes of directing cars around it during workday. It's not right in the path of normal driving. If you enlarge the picture and look to the left, you can see the bird that was sitting on the nest, but is now running away, trying to draw my attention off.
2 comments:
Isn't it something how the eggs just look like the rocks.
Yeah, isn't that interesting? One place I read said that they normally don't even make as much of a nest as these have; just lay the eggs in a little depression in the gravel. Ours have obviously decided that the robins are on to a good thing when they line theirs with straw!
Post a Comment