Sunday, September 9, 2007

There and back again

Man, where to start. I can't. I guess the best way to explain would be to say:
In the middle of 200 strangers, I didn't feel even slightly intimidated or overwhelmed.
and
I barely noticed being tired of sitting.
It was really really nice. I met Eric who was one of the brothers in the field when my friend Isabelle first started coming to meeting. There were 44 of us who started since 2000, and 14 in 2004. That's pretty neat. We slept in different little dorms here and there - they'd divided it up by when you started in the work - so all us girls from 2000 and later were in one dorm. I'm not sure the divisions... maybe every ten years? Bonnie R made it up there; we were all delighted. She had a wonderful time - only missed one meeting, and that was good. It got her rested enough to appreciate the rest. She was the oldest one present. Lyle told us it had been 81 years since the last time there had been any such meeting in the western half of the continent. Hope they don't wait that long until the next one!
What else? A few notes, maybe.

*Sheep are born looking for a place to die.
*Job 39:25 - the warhorse brings to the battlefield the one who has the weapons and skills to help in the fight.
*When God wants to do a work in us, he sends difficulties. When he wants to do a great work, he sends impossibilities.
*God isn't asking us to serve him with someone else's ability, or to push ourselves to try and keep up with someone else's pace. Do the best we can with what we have been given.
*If we don't care who gets the credit, great works can be done.
*Nothing will happen until it happens in our hearts.
*The secret to a successful marriage is forgiveness, not love.

We left after lunch Thursday, got to Shelby for the night; left again the next morning for Ronan. Sue's mom's funeral was Saturday, so we stopped by the funeral home so Sandy could discuss music. It was a really nice funeral. Robert and Scott spoke - Robert mentioned 'she hath done what she could'. She did what she could for her country, for her family, for herself, for her friends. Got to the grounds here just in time for supper. I need to get in bed now, so Life On The Convention Grounds To Be will have to wait for another day. :) Suffice it to say, we're here, and tomorrow, the framing starts. Speaking of which, I'd better go erase some pictures from my camera so as to be all ready for taking more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leilani, It is fun to check in with you once in a while. I did enjoy hearing a little about your time in Canada. How neat that they set up sleeping areas according to age. We did enjoy Rosanne C at Pulaski. She would have been there, too. Enjoy the work project. It would be fun to be close enough to help with the cooking, etc. Linda L