Well, tomorrow we head north. Goodbye, Wyoming, but only for now, I hope! It's been a great month: horses, rocks, sunshine, wind, fairs... I even sewed something! I hope everyone is properly impressed. If you don't know why you should be impressed, I'll be glad to tell you. ;) Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture. :( I forgot. Take my word for it that it's really cool, though, ok? Picture this: one of those three-panel room divider screens, with red bamboo for the frame and a gold and red upholstery fabric for the panels. It looks really nice. I have to confess though, that it's a little on the wobbly side - I really should have put screws in or something, but I didn't have any, or a drill to do it with. But I think the recipients are planning to rectify that.
Adventures of the month:
Squashing my leg in a gate - my fault, I tried to ride my horse through a too-small opening. I thought it would get bigger, see, but the gate stuck on the ground and we kept going. Ouch. But I learned something! Bruising and swelling both travel downhill. My foot is all swollen and it's hard to get my shoe on. If you looked, you'd think the horse stepped on my foot instead of just bruising my leg. I had a gorgeous ride though. Out into the middle of a great wide-open field; untilled, uninhabited - no cows even. It was great.
Getting stung by a hornet. Startled me enormously. We went outside to check out an old metal screen for height; and, unbeknownst to us, there was a huge grey paper hornets' nest behind it. They were Not Happy. And soon, neither were we. On the up side, I am still not allergic to bee stings. ;)
Making jam and pickles. Well, ok, three quarts of pickles is all, and all I did was squish the cucumbers into the jars. But I did help pick the plums, and cook them down, and boil them and pour the jelly into the jars, so that counts a lot more.
I think that's about all... at least, all I can remember right now. :) More news likely after Didsbury, which I am sure will be wonderful. At least, I am sure of it when I remember not to think about how long we're going to be sitting...
4 comments:
Leilani, 12:27am!!!!! Yikes, shades of your mother. She still stays up till way past my bedtime.
Glad you didn't get hurt real bad, but it must have slowed you down on your walk along the Oregon Trail. I have managed to make it almost half way across California now.
Love ya DAD
OH by the way, sitting can be a good thing when the foot hurts.
DAD
I'd love to blame my slowing down on that. ;) Unfortunately, I can't. I slowed down because I am lazy and it's hot out.
The first week or so, it didn't hurt at all, but I iced it dutifully and trotted all over the mall with Shawna. Now it's starting to hurt, which seems a bit weird to me, but oh well.
12:27AM!!! My thoughts exactly, Dad P. Fun to read your post. It was exciting to hear you sewed something. Wow! Watching me sew those curtains gave you a tug at the ol' heartstrings? Just had to get behind a sewing machine again?!
Post a Comment