I have embarked on a project, that for the sake of sounding more impressive (and because the original /is/ quilted - and mine will be too, if someone other than me does it) I am calling a 'quilt'. Happily for me, it has only 5 actual seams so far - will have 4 more for sewing the outside edges together - and thus I can do it without wanting to pitch either the sewing machine or myself through the window. :D Everything is cut-and-paste. It's glorious. You find material you like, iron stuff on the back, put it all in order, pull off the paper, and iron it onto a background. Add stuffing and backing, stitch together, find someone else to do the quilty part, and voila!
Something that looks somewhat vaguely not dissimilar to this.
I'll post a picture of mine for comparison purposes when I'm done.
3 comments:
Leilani! I know Rob! When Eric and I lived in Morro Bay, CA Rob and his wife came to the chiropractor that I worked for. He's a very nice guy. The little quilt shop where his things are is a really cool place! Good luck on your project. :)
~Nicole Moe
Wow, that's cool!
I've totally been having a blast doing this. :) And from the quarter yard sections I've gotten for my cutouts, I have lots left, heh. Anyone else have a spare yard or so of wall space and nothing to put on it??
How big is it going to be? Maybe I can hang it in my suitcase.
Post a Comment