Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Shawna and I are finally together. It's very exciting - AND we've made it more than three days! Which is a great relief; I don't know if I could have handled another month like last year's.
But all is going well. We're in Riverton at the moment, and will be heading back to Casper maybe on Thursday. There's something historical and cool going on at the Casper Interpretive Center, so we're hoping to get to go.
I'm enjoying getting to spend a little time here. I've been through both Casper and Riverton, but never to stay more than few days; so 4 weeks seems like a wealth of riches.
The nasty part is the mosquitoes though. Not that there are so many, or that they are so large - Portage was much much worse, and so was Saskatchewan last year - but these mosquitoes are evil mosquitoes and buzz around threatening you with terrible diseases! This is not going to help me getting to Oregon faster, but I am still determined. Mosquito repellent, here I come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leilani:

Riverton was really neat when Garry and I stopped there on our way to find rocks in Utah. We went down on the river and actually found some clear agates that might have rainbow Iris in them when cut real thin. So far I haven't found any iris agates yet though.

dad

Nichole said...

glad you're with shawna now! Have good days in more way than one!

N.