I may actually have found something that will get me off my lazy duff and getting a little exercise.
www.AmericaOnTheMove.org
It's a place online where you can keep track of your daily steps (yep, got to have a pedometer for that) or just the length of time you've exercised if it's something other than walking. I haven't done anything with that feature yet though.
The really cool part is that you can sign up for a Challenge. There are 5 or 6 routes that you can walk, and the challenge is to complete them in a certain number of days. I picked the Oregon Trail, and it's actually got me wanting to do a little more walking every day because I'm barely out of Independence, Missouri so far! There are checkpoints along the way, and links to click that tell you about where you've gotten to. You can't click on them until you've actually walked far enough to get there thought - tricksy of them! I have a long ways to go, and I'm almost entirely certain that I'm not going to make it to Oregon by Sept 14, but we'll see. :)
Also, you can have Challenge Buddies; so you can keep track of their progress (AND they can keep track of yours and scold you if you're sitting around too much). And did I mention its free? I'm a sucker for free stuff.
All in all, I like. Two thumbs up.
1 comment:
Get walking, girl! I'm way ahead of you!
Post a Comment