There is a store here called Three Dog Down. Back when Mom and Dad were visiting, we got wondering about it. Why on earth would you name a store that sells (presumably) down products (down comes from birds...) after dogs?? Dogs have No Down. And why three of them? I don't care how many dogs you get, none of them will have down!
Anyways, for those of you who were once like me, unenlightened and wallowing in ignorance; you may now become again like me! Not quite so unenlightened and a little bit less ignorant!
Once upon a time, so it is told, the people of the northern climes lived in ice houses, and with them lived their dogs. The people could be cold, often, if their fires went out or their clothing wore thin, but the dogs curled up under the snow, warm and cozy. The people looked at the dogs and they began to think. And from that point on, if it was a cold night, a certain dog might be chosen to sleep with you and keep you warm. If it was extra cold, it was a night for two dogs. And if it was really really exceedingly frost-between-the-stars cold, three dogs.
Hence Three Dog Down. These products says the company, are sufficient to keep you warm on a three-dog-cold night. Cheers.
2 comments:
Three Dog Down...hm...very enlightening. Although, one would have to wonder if any animal would do...not just dogs. Where I'm from...animals aren't so domesticated...so how about catching 3 stinky, preferably dead coyotes? Or 4 if you're good? But I suppose "3 Dead Coyote Down" wouldn't quite have the same ring...;) Cheers...~N.
Mm. No, don't think so. I mean, even I would prefer three live dogs to three dead coyotes. Although 6 live cats would be preferable to that... ;)
Post a Comment