Friday, January 25, 2008

I have switched from Cook to Painter.  Also ScissorLift Driver (woohoo!).  Sandy and I spent all day yesterday and today up on the scissorlift priming the wood trim around the 'windows'.  They're not exactly windows - it's more a long stretch of see-through fiberglass sheeting with an equally long stretch of squares set in front of it that give the appearance of lots of windows.  Driving the scissorlift was lots more fun than priming!  Not sure what we're going to do tomorrow - we have 3 more squares to prime, and then all of them need painting - but they might be spraying texture and paint on the big wall, which would pre-empt us, I think.  If they do it.  Maybe they'll just spray in the kitchen area.

I also finally refound my pedometer and re-remembered about Walk Across America - and have started out on the Oregon Trail again!  This time, I'm determined to get farther than Wyoming!  Doing good while I'm here - after we leave (I think that will be Monday?  Or maybe Tuesday...), things could get worser fast.  Here, I /have/ to walk around.  ;)  

It made it up to 15 today.  Heat wave, no?  I think it's cold from the ground all the way up - the snow that falls is light and airy and icy; and stays in its separate crystals even on the ground.  Makes for even more beautiful - at night, every facet glints at you - every time you take a step, imagine a thousand tiny stars dying and being born again.  Absolutely gorgeous.

Dean told us about his travels today - Liked one thought he heard at convention in Australia:  The waterpots in John 2 were empty.  But they were upright, and they were available.  We might feel sometimes like empty pots, but if we're available, God can put into us the water of his word.  And then he performs the miracle of turning it to wine - joy, peace, etc.

No comments: