Friday, August 7, 2009

Beartooth Pass. Mmmmmm. When I'm not on dial-up, I shall post pictures.  

We started keeping a list of what we'd seen in the way of living creatures, because there weren't very many!  
1 crow.
1 unidentified songbird, grey.
1 robin (heard, not seen)
several chipmunks, 1 very fat and greedy.
massive numbers of grasshoppers and butterflies.

Once we got into the park, things began to look up and we could add:
1 grizzly bear (!!)
several herds of bison
1 more crow
3 antelope resting in the rain
a very large herd of elk
a smaller herd of elk lounging on the courthouse lawn
an infestation of fishermen who were clearly scaring away all the moose

3 comments:

Jen said...

PLEASE post pictures!! I have plans to go that way in a month and I want to know what I'm in for!!! :)

Darla said...

Did you see any immoosinators?

Leilani said...

Many many immoosinators. They lurk everywhere. Be Ware!

Jen - take a look at the slide show; they're mostly of Beartooth Pass, because I was driving through the park and didn't take any pictures.