Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Perseid Meteor Shower is tonight!  Go out and look!  No excuses, what?  It's cloudy?  Bah.  Go anyways, wimp!

I stayed out last night until about 12:15 - which was when the moon got so bright that you could hardly see the stars.  But we saw a good number before that, and one really really bright one that actually left a trail behind it of heated air.  That was cool.  So - planning to try again tonight, even though it's a bit cloudier.  

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Did you see any more last night?

Darla said...

bummer, I missed it. Wish I had read your post earlier this week...

Leilani said...

Yes, yes, yes. :D Went out from about 10:20 to about 11:00 or so. Still not tons and tons, but enough to keep me happy. (There still may be some, oh Darla, go check. The biggest show was supposed to be last night.)
We saw several more that did the flaming trail bit.